Since China became a member of the World Trade Organization, trade of physical goods between China and the rest of the world has increased dramatically over the past decade.
However, Hong Kong is the preferred choice for many businesses to conduct their China operations. Hong Kong is one of the world’s largest shipping and container ports, an established legal and financial infrastructure and a simple and efficient tax system.
HEXAGON has a dedicated Trade Services team with years of experience in international banking, trading and trade documentation handling. The team provides a complete business support service so clients in international trade can outsource trade activities and administration, whether clients are based in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America or elsewhere.
The specialist business support services that we provide include:
- Setting up operations and financing of trading activities for new and established businesses;
- Reviewing sales and purchase orders and incoming letters of credit (“L/C's”) or other payment mediums;
- Preparing documentation for presentation under L/C's or other payment mediums and monitoring bank account movements;
- Liaising and following-up with business partners, including buyers, sellers, freight forwarders, shipping agents, bankers, legal advisors and other related parties;
- Arranging cargo insurance and lodging import/export declarations;
- Acting as authorized signatory on bank accounts and arranging payments in accordance with client instructions;
- Maintaining trade receivables and payables records;
- Preparing status and analysis reports as required by clients;
- To satisfy our clients' various service requirements, HEXAGON can arrange tailor-made services. We can fulfill your reporting needs and act on a fixed fee basis.